The world is progressing technologically at phenominal speeds and the advancement in the baby monitors is no exception. The internet baby monitor is the way to go today with easy or relatively easy set up you can now monitor your baby with an easy downloadable app and boom you can see your loved one on your iphone, ipad or pc! No more worring is the baby ok or is the baby sitter coping. Now you can easily drop in and “spy” on what is happening at home when your are away.
But not only is it for babysitting but now you have the added advantage of using the internet baby monitor if you are called away on a business trip or have relatives, grandparents far away with the ease on 1,2,3 they or you can check up on baby whenever you or they want! Isn’t technology amazing!
Below you will find a review of the top 3 internet baby monitors on the market today.
The Dropcam internet baby monitor is one of the hottest products on the market at the moment it’s a camera which is not only for baby it can also be used for security or for even pets!
This internet baby monitor comes with mobile alerts, night vision, two-way audio, and offsite CVR. It’s easy to set up and within minutes you can be hooked up to your smartphone, laptop or pc and know what’s happening at home!
You can even use the optional Cloud Video Recording (CVR) feature to access video from the past week or month. You can even talk to your baby through it while you’re away. Very impressive indeed!
How It Works
- Set up your camera in 60 seconds using your computer and a Wi-Fi connection.
- Choose a location for your camera and plug it into an electrical outlet.
- You’re ready to stream! Catch the action live from your smartphone, tablet or computer.
No more maybe’s or did the baby sitter do it questions with the 30 day backup video you are now in the know how all the time. Not only will you feel more secure knowing you can see what’s going on you can also keep precious moments that happened when you were out the house! This internet baby monitor works with Apple Mac, Windows PC, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Android and a downloadable app and you’re on your way.
What are people saying about the Dropcam HD Wi-Fi Video monitoring camera?
1Pilgrim “1Pilgrim” says “This camera is amazing! Just plug it into your computer…add it….unplug it and plug it into an electrical outlet and you are up and ready to monitor a room of your home” Read full review here
Brian Weber says:” I will be using this for the nursery. Good quality video. Digital zoom is a bit simplistic” Read more here
WiFi Baby 2.0 (2013 Model) – Baby Monitor & Nanny Cam DVR. Video, Audio, Recording. Anywhere. Same Look, New Features (WFB2013)
The internet has definately opened many doors for us and the internet baby monitor by WiFi Baby offers some nice things. With the WiFi Baby 2.0 you can record while you’re at work or having a night off! There are no fees, cloud service, server or account required. Everything is password-protected and recording is handled by the camera itself for complete privacy.
WiFi Baby uses home WiFi network to stream interference-free, password-protected video & audio to iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac or PC. Anywhere.
- Video, Audio, Alerts on iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac, PC on WiFi or 3G/4G. Anywhere.
- New Faster, More Powerful Chipset Streams Exceptionally Smooth H.264 Video: Less Bandwidth & Less Storage for Recording | WiFi “N” – Up to 5x WiFi Range 2x speed
- Streams Exceptionally Smooth Video
- H.264 Video = Less Bandwidth, Better Image Quality
- WiFi “N” – Up to 5x WiFi Range 2x speed
- Built in “Nanny Cam” DVR MicroSD Card slot for scheduled recording
- MicroSD Card slot for scheduled recording
- Night Vision up to 20 feet
- Apps: Zoom. Picture in Picture. Simultaneous Video, Audio, Alerts up to 4 Cameras on screen Take a snapshot or record to your phone/tablet with just a click | Compatible up to latest OS: iOS 7+ Android 4.0+, Mountain Lion, Windows 8
- Compatible up to latest OS: iOS 6.0+ Android 4.0+, Mountain Lion, Windows 8
- American Company – Free US Based Support
- In The Box: Wireless Camera, Stand, AC Adapter US/EU/UK, 10 Step Quickstart, CD-ROM Setup Software, Power Cable Clips, Mounting Screws
- Microphone Eliminates White Noise – Hear only what’s important – Your Baby
Flyfisher says in his review “I wish all companies had such helpful support for their products. Oh, and the night vision really works great just make sure it is set to auto and it works perfectly and adjusts instantly when you turn on and off the lights” Read full review here
Sky Manders says:”Picture quality is good during the day and also at night. There is absolutely no problem seeing our baby at night. The microphone is incredible and picks up every last little noise.” Read more here.
One thing to bare in mind is that this is not the easiest system to set up and you will more than likely need to contact customer support to get yourself up and running properly, however with that being said their customer support is really good so it shouldn’t be too much of an issue.
Motorola MBP36 Remote Wireless Video Baby Monitor with 3.5-Inch Color LCD Screen, Infrared Night Vision and Remote Camera Pan, Tilt and Zoom
The scare of SIDS is one of the main reasons for a baby monitor, but it also allows you that freedom to move around the house without worring about not hearing your baby. The Motorola video baby monitor comes with all the bells and whistles and has that ever important out of range warning. It can reach up to 200 meters.
- 2.4 ghz fhss wireless technology
- 3.5″ color lcd screen and up to 25 fps the screen
- Infrared night vision and room temperature sensor which is reported on the receiver’s LCD display
- Five polyphonic lullabies, remote camera adjustment, additional camera capability and five LED alerts for noise level
- Up to 200 meter range with “out-of-range” warning
- Control the MBP36’s camera remotely to pan, tilt, and zoom the video image as needed
- The item comes with one year warranty
There is an option to purchase an additional camera if wanted.
One of the amazing features here is that the camera is so good that you can actually see your baby breathing and is one of the reasons why its recommended to take the wider screen of 3.5″, you could go with the cheaper version the MBP33 which has a screen of 2.8″
The main complaint that I have seen about the Motorola baby video monitor is that after about a year and a half of use there are some technical issues, however the customer service is really good.
What are people saying about the Motorola Baby Video Monitor?
maxdmia says:”…This Motorola monitor is the BEST that I have found.The resolution at night is awesome as I can see my baby breathing. (VERY important) I can see everything in great detail” Read More Here
Dean C says:”…this unit is a bit more expensive that some of the other ones i looked at, but now that i’ve used it, it’s worth every penny” Read full review here
These are our top 3 picks for the internet baby monitor would love to know what you think and if you have used them or have others you’d like to add to the list. Leave a comment below!