Peg Perego Stroller
One of the top European baby strollers that have made quite a name for themselves in the US would have to be in my opinion the Peg Perego Stroller. A stroller that is built to last. It is sturdy, lightweight, easy to fold and an all round great stroller. From personal experience I can vouch for all of the above qualities. All four of my kids have been in our Peg Perego Pliko P3 stroller and its still going strong! So out of my amazement for the Peg durability I decided to make a post about the 3 top Peg Perego Strollers. The 3 I have chosen are in no particular order.
Top 3 Peg Perego Strollers
- Made from aluminum, its a lightweight umbrella stroller that weighs only 18.7lbs
- Wheels are large and all have wheel suspension, the front wheels can swivel or lock with independent brake in the rear
- Stroller is compatible with the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Car Seat (this is sold separately), retractable car seat anchors
- Comes with a child tray with double cup holders, these are hinged so they can easily be removed
- Footboard, non skid, at the back which allows an older child to stand at the back (only to be used when the stroller is in the sitting position)
- Telescoping handles with comfort padding can be adjusted to fit each parent’s height
- Easy to fold with one hand and folds compactly and stands alone when folded.
- Basket under the stroller is of a decent size, not huge
- Canopy is a good size and is adjustable and has a peek a boo window
- The hood also has a loop which is handy to hang your baby’s best toy on it.
- Stroller is suited from newborn to 45 lbs
- 5 point harness
- Reclines – the P3 reclines to nearly flat 170 degrees, (personally that never bothered any of my kids)
To sum up
People love the way the Pliko P3 is a stroller that is a lightweight umbrella stroller that is easy to fold, that folds compactly, is padded and comfortable for a child. The added bonus of the non skid footboard is a great plus. The cons are that the basket is not very large and there isn’t an added pocket for car keys, wallet, mobile phone. In short, this is a sturdy, well made , easy to manuever and fold umbrella stroller, one that is definately a good buy.
The Peg Perego SI is another lightweight umbrella stroller that folds compactly and easily and stands alone when folded.
- The SI is also compatible with the Peg Perego Viaggio Infant car seat
- The wheels are plastic and are 4 65″diameter wheels which all have suspension and ball bearings making for an easy, smooth ride as well as easy steering and manueverability.
- The front wheels swivel and can be locked and the rear wheels have that all important “one step” breaks
- The handles are adjustable making this a good option for tall people
- The canopy is large and comes with a sun visor
- The basket under the stroller is large
- Comes with a detatchable cup holder
- 5 point harness
- The SI is suitable for baby from newborn to 45lbs
- Reclining stroller, 3 reclining positions, one of which is a full recline for sleeping
- Folds and closes easily and compactly and locks when folded
- Has a belly bar which is great for baby to chew on!
- Basket underneith the stroller is large enough to hold a diaper bag, a big purse and still have some left over room
- Can hang the diaper bag on the the handles and the stroller will not topple backwards.
- The SI stroller weighs 13lbs! Very lightweight
- seat is nicely padded and the fabric breathes – baby doesn’t sweat in it in the summer
To sum up
The Peg Perego Si stroller is a lightweight umbrella stroller that is easy to fold and unfold, steers easily and is slim enought to fit through tight spaces and can hold a diaper bag on its handles without tipping over! A good choice if you are looking for a super lightweight, sturdy stroller.
- The Book Plus is suitable for newborns till 45 lbs
- It has a reversible seat so baby can face parents when small, but when gets older and the world is more interesting its easy to switch the seat around to foreward facing
- Stroller reclines to 4 positions including a flat recline
- Comes with a foot muff
- The Book Plus has an adjustable handle bar, can be adjusted for parents height which makes this a great stroller for tall parents
- Easy to push with only one hand
- Wheels have 12 ball bearings and suspension on all the wheels, wheels swivel and can lock for rougher terrain
- Folds easily and compactly with or without the seat and once folded can stand alone, when folded with the seat, the seat folds inside!
- Comes with a rain cover
- Compatible with the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio
- Large storage basket, can fit a diaper bag in and still have some spare room, however I wouldn’t fill it up too much as then it has a tendancy to drag on the ground
- The Canopy has a zippered compartment on it turning it into a sun canopy, also comes with a loop on it to hang a toy on.
- Comes with a cup holder
- stroller weight 22.7lbs
- A bassinet can be added (sold seperately), its not neccessary as the stroller does have a full flat recline
- A snack tray can also be added
- Has a built in stand for an older child to stand on
- Narrower than the Uppababy Vista stroller and fits into tight spaces like small elevators easily
- The Plus comes in a variety of colors Stone, Pois Grey, Pois Black,Menthe, Flamenco
Peg Perego Book Plus
To Sum Up
The Peg Perego Book Plus stroller is a stroller which offers you a full recline stroller so that there is no need for a bassinet, it is narrower than it’s competitor the Uppababy Vista and it has all the other important features, easy to fold, good suspension on wheels, manuvers easily and comes with the extra add on such as the rain cover and foot muff which is a great plus and money saver. The Book Plus is a Peg Perego Stroller that I would definately recommend.