5 Top Rated Running Stroller Reviews for 2014-2015
I think that when one thinks of a running stroller your mind immediately goes to the infamous Bob Revolution SE. I guess this is the jogger stroller that has set the high standards of jogging strollers. However, some people seem to be stuck in the notion that the BOB still is the best jogging stroller on the market. I beg to differ. With so many running strollers now on the market I feel that the Bob Revolution although an amazing stroller hasn’t kept up with the technological advances and hasn’t come out with a new model in a while, whilst other companies are out there making some dramatic improvements to their designs.
Don’t get me wrong. The Bob Revolution SE is an amazing jogger stroller, however it is not the only one in town. Here are the 5 top rated jogger strollers on the market. To get to the selection I looked at a few determining qualities.
These are the 5 that made my cut:
- Baby Jogger Summit X3
- Bumbleride Indie
- Bob Revolution SE
- Schwinn Turismo
- Joovy Zoom 360
Baby Jogger Summit X3
The Summit X3 is in my opinion the first jogger stroller to come out and really challenge the Bob Revolution SE. It made its first appearance in 2013 and with some amazing technological advances those who have bought it are not sorry.
The main advantage is that you are able to lock and unlock the front wheel from the handle bar
- It has a large canopy and large storage.
- It folds really easily with the Baby Jogger patented one step folding system.
- The wheels are pneumatic and are two sizes 16” and 12” air filled.
- As far as weight goes it’s slightly heavier than the Bob Revolution weighing 28 lbs as compared to 25 lbs or the Bubleride Indie which is only 20lbs!
- It is suitable for newborns as well as it has a nearly complete recline.
- Can also be used as a regular stroller.
- Is suitable from birth to 45 lbs
- Weights 20 lbs
- The handle is adjustable to multiple positions and does have a full recline for newborns.
- Good sized storage basket
- Very well padded with soft, durable bamboo fabric, very comfortable
- 3x 12″ air-inflated tires
- Easy to fold
- Is compatible with many different car seats including Graco Snugride, Peg Perego, Chicco Keyfit, Britax Chaperone and more.
Bob Revolution SE
The Bob Revolution SE has been the longest on the market of all of these running strollers and is loved by those who have it.
- Suitable for babies from 8 weeks old till 70 lbs
- Front wheel locks but not from the handle
- Easy 2 step folding system
- Weighs 25 lbs
- Wheels are pneumatic rear wheel 16” front wheel 12”
- Reclines to 70 degrees
- Can be used with car seat adaptor making it suitable for infants too
- Adjustable canopy
- Good storage basket
Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller
- Built for jogging – front wheel locks
- Slightly heavier than the Glide 2
- Smaller front wheel help for navigating smaller spaces
- Includes twist hand brake for speed checking
- Great suspension at high speeds
- Wheels rear 16”
- Adjustable handlebar
- Reclines to almost flat with 5 point harness
- Easy to maneuver
- Easy to fold
- Good storage basket with zip cover
- Large canopy
Joovy Zoom 360
- Suitable for baby from 3 months old to 75 lbs
- Stroller weights 26.8 lbs
- Folds easily
- Lots of storage pockets as well as a large storage basket
- Extra wide seat makes it very comfortable for baby
- Easy to maneuver
- Lockable front wheel
- pneumatic tires 12 ½” front wheel, 16″ rear wheels